I. Temporary Accommodation Registration
1. After arriving at the university for the first time, international students should bring their passports to the Public Security Bureau for temporary residence registration within 24 hours.
2. If international students’ friends or relatives need to live in the school, they should bring forth their passports and fill in the Registration Form of Temporary Residence.
3. International students should do the registration and reporting in time. Anybody who breaks the rules will face due punishment from the Public Security Bureau.
II. Physical Examination
1. International students who will stay for more than half a year in the university have to undergo a physical examination in the Healthcare Center of Jiangsu International Travel (No. 39 of Chuangzhi Road, Jianye District, Nanjing). They may also present the original reports of physical examination and blood test done by public hospitals in their own countries (reports from private hospitals shall be notarized by public notary offices) and the reports shall not be valid unless they are examined and verified by Healthcare Center of Jiangsu International Travel. Supplementary examination shall be made by the Healthcare Center if non-compliant items are found.
2. The students who pass the physical examination made by Healthcare Center of Jiangsu International Travel can process the admission and residence permit procedures. Those who fail the physical examination shall be denied.
3. Fees of the physical examination and notarization will be borne by the international students themselves.
4. During the stay in the school, if the student is found suffering from mental illness, lepriasis, AIDS, venereal diseases, open tuberculosis or cancer, he/she should leave the school and head back to the home country immediately.
III. Passport and Residence Permit Management
1. International students coming to our school to study for one year or more should enter China with “X” visas. They should come to the Exit-and-Entry Administration of Nanjing Public Security Bureau to apply for residence permits within 30 days after their entries. All fees and expenses will be paid by the students themselves.
2. International students applying for residence permits should present the following documents:
a. Original and valid regular passport and visa and one photocopy of them;
b. Original Visa Application Form for Study in China(JW202 Form or JW201 Form);
c.Registration Form of Temporary Residence;
d. Official letters issued by our school;
e. Original Record of Medical Examination of Foreign Nationalsissued by Healthcare Center of Jiangsu International Travel;
f. Properly-completed Visa and Residence Permit Application Form for Foreign Nationalsaffixed with a 2-inch bareheaded photograph with a white background.
3. During their time of study, if the residence permit needs to be extended or altered, the students have to apply to the SIE 10 days in advance. They can transact related formalities only after gaining the approval of SIE.
4. International students should pay attention to the expiry date of their passports and residence permits. The students have to contact the embassy of their countries at least one month in advance to have the passports extended before expiry date. If the residence permits need to be extended or altered, the students have to go to the Exit-and-Entry Administration of Nanjing Public Security Bureau 10 days in advance with a certificate issued by NAU. If the students need assistance, they may inform the MOIS 10 days in advance. Violation to this will lead to penalty by Public Security Bureau in accordance with the regulations.
5. Passports should be carried alone while the students are travelling. If the passport is lost, he/she shall report to the local Public Security Bureau, which will issue a Certificate of Loss. Then the student can go to his/her embassy (consulate) with the Certificate of Loss to apply for a new passport.
6. If international students want to leave China and go to other places (including Hong Kong and Macau) within the effective period of the residence permits, they have to apply to the MOIS 10 days in advance. They can transact exit formalities only after gaining the approval of the university.
7. Students who finish their study should leave China before their residence permits expire.
IV. Network Service
Internet is accessible in apartment rooms on campus. International students can go to the following office to launch network service of the apartment rooms.
Office hours: 8:30 a.m.---11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.---4:30 p.m.
Office location: Room 201 of West Jinghui Building
International students may be required to provide information concerning apartment room number, student ID number and passport number.
V. About Employment or Part-Time Job
International students are not allowed to seek employment or take part-time job in China. Those who are engaged in illegal employment may be fined up to RMB 1,000 yuanand, in serious cases, may be ordered to leave China.
VI. Supplementary Directions on Applying Visa for Relatives
If international students’ friends or relatives need to live in the school, they need to present Certificate of Relative Relationship issued by Chinese embassies or consulates in their home country and visa processing certificate issued by the university. With these they can apply for residence permit at the Exit-and-Entry Administration of Nanjing Public Security Bureau.
Those who fail to present Certificate of Relative Relationship can only transact “L” visa valid for no more than six months. It can be extend two times at most. Those who hold Passport for Public Affairs with visa-free entry cannot have a visa extension.
International students who need to go to the downtown area of Nanjing from Pukou Campus (or vice versa) can have the following choices:
1. Public bus: D7 and D15 bus lines are at the Front Gate of Pukou Campus
2. Metro: Metro Line 10 is near Pukou Campus
3. Taxi: It costs around RMB 50 yuan. For safety, please do not take the taxi without a license sign.
Welcome to Nanjing Audit University!
May the Handbookbring you a GOOD time in NAU!